The Formula DRIFT Blog will give fans a behind the scenes look into the series. The blog will be separated into (3) categories (Behind the Scenes, Behind the Wheel, and FD Live).
Behind the Scenes will give a personal view of the series from the eyes of Formula DRIFT staff members. Late breaking news and updates can also be found here before they are made public.
Behind the Wheel will showcase the adventures of Formula DRIFT’s top drivers. Drivers will document their ups and downs throughout the season and give an inside look on what it takes to be a professional drifter.
FD LIVE gives live updates and news direct from each round of the Championship Series. Find out who made the Top 16, what cars broke down, and who is looking to strong to podium at each event. Get all the event results here first. Images from the event weekend will be posted alongside summaries from each day.
About Formula DRIFT
Entering its fifth season, Formula DRIFT Championship is recognized as the North American professional drifting championship series. As the first official series in North America, Formula DRIFT has taken competitive motorsports to the extreme attracting fans and car enthusiasts from all walks of life. This high-skilled, high-powered motor sport where drivers intentionally maneuver their cars into well executed, controlled sideways slides at high speeds through a marked course, has more than 60 professional drivers competing in all seven competitions this year.
Judged on execution and style, rather than who finishes the course in the fastest time, Drifting is a guaranteed crowd pleaser, and is often compared to the freestyle nature of skateboarding and motocross.
Drivers and Formula DRIFT also serves as ambassadors for the sport of drifting bringing exhibitions to traditional/mainstream motor sports events across the country which have included: multiple Champ Car World Series races, American Le Mans, USAC, NASCAR Busch North & Featherlite Southwest and the SPEED World Challenge, among others.
More Formula DRIFT Fast Facts
- Formula DRIFT has the largest number of tire manufacturers involved that any other motorsport series in the world.
- First drifting championship to be air on national cable TV.
- First drifting championship to be featured in a major video game with title sponsor EA Games
- First drifting championships to be sponsored by non-endemic companies including EA Games, and Circuit City.
- Most diverse driver background and vehicle models of any drifting league in the world
- First drifting Championship to have works teams (auto maker supported)