Round 1: Streets of Long Beach is approaching quickly and we are very excited to kick off the 2012 Pro Championship Season. Here are some updates that we wanted all of our fans to be aware of…
- Grandstand 16 (closest to the bridge), 18 (below judges) and 24 (at the hairpin) are now all reserved seats which means your seat is reserved and no one can take it.
- Grandstand 16 & 18 are SOLD OUT
- Grandstand 24 is selling very quickly
GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING
- Tickets are selling very fast but NOT sold out. We have sold double what we sold at this point last year so buy them before they are really sold out.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- We have re-routed the “chute” (where cars were driving through the pits and causing a bit of a traffic jam for fans) to go around the outer perimeter of the venue.
- Thursday, April 5th, there will be a parade of 10-12 cars on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore at 7pm. The parade will end at Tantalum for our season kick-off party.
- Friday, April 6th is practice, qualifying and all driver autograph signing session. Our driver/team meet and greet will be held at Hooters Long Beach at 8pm.
- Saturday, April 7th, is the main day; Top 32 head-to-head competition.
PRE-PAID EVENT PARKING
- Pre-paid event parking is available from The Pike
- CLICK HERE to purchase parking
For more information, please visit the Round 1: Streets of Long Beach event page
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Danville CA – After finishing 5th in the 2011 Formula D Championship, 2nd in the 2011 Discount Tire Triple Crown, and 1st in the last round at Irwindale in 2011, Tyler McQuarrie is finally announcing his 2012 Formula D program. It has been a very busy off-season putting this deal together and it has taken on a new and promising direction over the past few weeks.
Tyler McQuarrie Racing and Gardella Racing have joined forces and will jointly operate the Drift operations of Gardella Racing. Tyler McQuarrie will take a leading role and oversee all operations bringing a wealth of experience and tenacity that the pair believe will take Tyler’s racing to the next level. McQuarrie will compete in the Mobil 1 Chevrolet Camaro for the 2012 Formula D Championship and will bring onboard and expand his current relationship with GoPro and BC. He is also very excited to bring Yokohama Tire Corp back to Formula D after they spent 5 years away from the sport. Yokohama helped Tyler get into Formula D back in 2004, so it’s fitting that they are partnered up again for this new program. Many of Gardella Racing partners ACT, Enkei Wheels, Eibach, Wilwood, NGK, and Ignite Fuel will continue to support the new program.
“Gary Gardella has built this team into a championship contender over the years and I’m very excited and honored to keep the momentum going while I make a run for the 2012 Championship” said McQuarrie. ” I look forward to my new and expanded role as team manager, driver and having more control of where my career goes from here” Tyler looks forward to complementing and enhancing the relationship with the iconic brand Mobil 1, which has been a strong supporter of this team for the past four years.
Gary Gardella established Gardella Racing in 2001. They had a great deal of success in Drag racing, and in 2005 added General Motors as a corporate partner. In 2009, the team exited drag racing to focus on drifting. They finished 2nd in points in 2009 and 3rd in points for 2010. Gary has put his heart and sole into this team over the years and is ready for this new direction.“
McQuarrie plans on continuing his winning ways in Formula D with this new program. The team has spent the last two weeks getting Tyler seat time in the Camaro and working on a setup with the Yokohama Tires. Keep an eye out for them at Round 1 Formula D Long Beach April 6-7.
Learn more about Tyler McQuarrie www.tylermcquarrie.com
Follow him at www.twitter.com/tylermcquarrie and www.facebook.com/tylermcquarrie
Win a free trip to see Formula Drift and Global Time Attack together at Road Atlanta on May 11-12.
All you need to do is register at the GTA booth at Round 1: Streets of Long Beach on April 6-7. No cost, no obligation, no subscription required, no fuss, no muss. It’s that easy.
Tomorrow, Saturday March 31 from 12-2PM, Kyle Mohan will be displaying the NEXEN TIRE /Mazdatrix Mazda RX-8 to visit Long Beach Mazda to help promote Round 1: Streets of Long Beach. They’ll be handling out swag and giving away free tickets to Practice/Qualifying on Friday April 6.
Automotive journalist Chris Harris recently had a short lived opportunity to test drive the highly anticipated Toyota GT 86 on a track in Spain. They put the 86 through the paces to find out whether or not it’ll drift. Most of you already know the answer to this after seeing Ken Gushi hammer on the Scion FR-S in Japan but be sure to check out the Chris’ take on the new Toyota.
There is a lot of excitement surrounding the debut of Ken Gushi‘s new car this year so be sure to get your tickets to Round 1: Streets of Long Beach to see it in action!
CLICK HERE to view the video.