Round 7: Title Fight is to be an action-packed event! Tickets are selling fast and with a possible sell out crowd, it’s recommenced that you carpool. Once the parking lot is full, we have an alternate lot for attendees to park in. With thousands in attendance, please be patient and follow all rules when arriving. With a capacity crowd expected and a race to championship coming down to the wire, this is an event you won’t want to miss.
Tag: Title Fight
Round 7: Title Fight – Qualifying Results
Formula DRIFT Insider Ep.9
A look at the final event of the year and an interview with Ryan Kado.
FD Round 7: Title Fight Ticket Buyers Have Chance to Win Prizes
Formula DRIFT Tickets On-Sale for Finale;
Round 7: Title Fight Ticket Buyers Have Chance to Win Prizes
Long Beach, Calif. – September 14, 2011 – Formula DRIFT prepares for what many are anticipating as the largest event in Formula Drift history with the finale at the Toyota Speedway at Irwindale. Round 7: Title Fight ending one of the most exciting seasons to date on October 7-8. Tickets are on-sale now.
“Round 7: Title Fight is slated to be the largest drift event in our history and we are on pace for another capacity crowd,” said Jim Liaw, president and co-founder of Formula DRIFT. “To encourage fans to purchase their tickets early and guarantee their spot at the Finale we have partnered with a few of our sponsors to give away some great prizes to lucky pre-sale ticket buyers.”
Along with the purchase of tickets, Formula DRIFT will be holding a contest for all pre-sale ticket buyers.
For those that purchase 2-day Reserved Grandstand Tickets, the following prizes will be raffled off:
– Twenty five (25) individuals will receive one (1) Trident mobile phone or iPad case each.
– One (1) individual will receive a Falken Tire/HPI R/C drift car
– One (1) individual will receive a set of four (4) Enkei Fujin wheels plus one (1) set of matching Nitto Tires.
For those that purchase VIP Tickets:
– One (1) individual will receive two (2) tickets to the Formula DRIFT Awards Banquet being held on October 9, 2011 with one (1) night hotel stay at the official banquet hotel. Winner must be 18 or older to qualify.
– One (1) individual will receive an $800 credit toward any set of Falken Tires redeemable at any America’s Tire / Discount Tire location. Labor costs not included.
Winners will be announced on September 26 on the Formula DRIFT website, www.formuladrift.com. Prizes have no cash value. More prizes to be announced at a later date. Each ticket purchased counts as one raffle ticket.
Tickets are available for Round 7: Title Fight on October 7-8, including reserved seating, 2-day ticket packages, and VIP tickets. Tickets can be purchased through www.formuladrift.com. Ticket prices start at $26 online.
DIRECTV To Debut First Formula DRIFT Program in 3D
Long Beach, Calif. – Jan. 27, 2011 – DIRECTV is bringing the race track into the living room with the exclusive 3D broadcast of Formula DRIFT’s “Round 7: Title Fight Event” on DIRECTV’s 3D channel, n3D, powered by Panasonic, channel 103. Beginning Friday, Feb. 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, DIRECTV customers will have access to two, one-hour specials, which will offer extensive race coverage, behind the scenes footage and exclusive interviews, all in 3D.
Produced by DIRECTV and Formula DRIFT, the 3D special will follow the heated action surrounding the final event of Formula DRIFT’s 2010 season, which was held at the Toyota Speedway in Irwindale, Calif., last October. The footage will include:
• Complete coverage of the “Title Fight” season finale, including the final battle between two-time Formula DRIFT champion Tanner Foust and Vaughn Gittin.
• Exclusive interviews with Formula DRIFT pro drivers.
• Drifting tips by pro drivers, including Tanner Foust
• Behind the scenes with Formula DRIFT owners Jim Liaw and Ryan Sage.
• Coverage of off-the-track action including fans, vendors, import models and more.
“Watching Formula DRIFT’s championship series at home in 3D will make every counter steer, plume of smoke and wreck feel like it is happening in the middle of your living room,” said Chris Long, senior vice president, Entertainment, DIRECTV. “Our 3D technology enables us to take what is already an exciting event and make it even more compelling for viewers to experience at home.”
“This was a very ambitious project given that it is the first of its kind for the sport of drifting and also taking into consideration the sheer nature of 3D filming and the nature and physics of the sport,” said Ryan Sage, vice-president and co-founder of Formula DRIFT. “DIRECTV came in and really nailed it. Viewing Formula DRIFT in 3D is probably one of the most visceral and exciting things to view in the 3D genre right now.”